Tide Lines

Athletes decide to further athletic careers

Senior Noah Nabholz winds up to fire a pitch during a game at Steidle Field. Nabholz and five other seniors have committed to college to play a sport. “I chose Shippensburg because they showed the most interest in me. The coaches were always calling and texting me, asking how I was doing,” Nabholz said.

Max Kelly

Max Kelly

As their time in high school comes to a close, six seniors have made the decision to further their academic and athletic careers at the college level. The seniors are Ian Murhon, Ian Renninger, Tyler Timberlake, Noah Nabholz, Cole Painter and Collin Ebling.

Ian Murhon

Allura McCuller
Murhon will be attending Lebanon Valley College to play football as a running back. He received offers from Millersville University, Kutztown University, East Stroudsburg University, Lock Haven University and Delaware Valley University.

Murhon will be majoring in pre-law.

Fact: During the 2017 season, Murhon had the most rushing touchdowns on the team with seven and the most solo tackles with 30. “I believe I am faster than most players, and that helped me throughout the season,” Murhon said.

Why did you choose Lebanon Valley?

“I chose LVC for many reasons. The first time I visited the campus, I fell in love with it. Everyone there made me feel like family. I also chose to play football there because of the current position the program is in. They’re on the come-up, and I believe I have what it takes to get them over the edge and help the Dutchmen reach the MAC championship.

Ian Renninger

Christina Cook

Renninger will be attending the University of Albany to play football as a tight end. He received offers from Villanova University, Delaware University, Monmouth University and Penn State University.

Renninger will be majoring in special education.

Fact: During his senior season, Renninger had 381 receiving yards. “My height is definitely an advantage because it is hard for people to defend me,” Renninger said.

Why did you choose the University of Albany?

“The reason I made this choice was because they were my first offer and they showed the most love throughout the recruiting process.”

Tyler Timberlake

Allura McCuller

Timberlake will be attending Lock Haven University to play football as a safety. He received offers from Kutztown University, Bloomsburg University, Wilkes University, Assumption College, Kings College, Shippensburg University and Delaware Valley University. He also received an offer from Rutgers University to be a preferred walk on.

Timberlake will be majoring in physical therapy and athletic training.

Fact: Timberlake finished the 2017 season with 767 all-purpose yards.  “My height and speed made me a good wide-receiver. I think I’ll be really good at safety in college because of these qualities, as well,” Timberlake said.

Why did you choose Lock Haven University?

“I chose Lock Haven because they offered me a 50% scholarship. They also came to my house and talked to my father about where they want me on the field.”

Noah Nabholz

Max Kelly

Nabholz will be attending Shippensburg University to play baseball as a pitcher. He received offers from Towson University, Rider University, Millersville University, Lock Haven University, Roanoke College and La Salle University.

Nabholz will be majoring in supply chain management.

Fact: Nabholz’s father pitched in the MLB. “He has helped me become a better pitcher and all-around player,” Nabholz said.

Why did you choose Shippensburg University?

“I chose Shippensburg because they showed the most interest in me. The coaches were always calling and texting me, asking how I was doing.”

Cole Painter

Allura McCuller

Painter will be attending American University to wrestle. He received offers from the University of Pennsylvania and Bloomsburg University.

Painter will be majoring in accounting

Fact: In 2017, Painter was a Fargo Freestyle national qualifier and a Fargo Greco national qualifier. “Wrestling in the off-season helped me improve my skills and become a better wrestler,” Painter said.

Why did you choose American University?

“I chose American because it felt like the right fit of academics and athletics.”

Collin Ebling

Max Kelly

Ebling will be attending Duquesne University to run cross country and track. He received offers from West Point, Penn State University and La Salle University.

Ebling will be majoring in physical therapy.

Fact: Over his three-year high school track career, Ebling has won ten gold medals, one silver medal, and one bronze medal at the 2016, 2017 and 2018 Schuylkill League championships and the District XI championships. “These accomplishments showcase all the hard work I’ve put in, both in the off-season and during the season,” Ebling said.

Why did you choose Duquesne University?

“Duquesne stood out to me the most because the coach, Tom Slosky, was one of the first coaches to contact me, and his generous offer was too good to pass up. I know it was the best choice because the attention I will get with training will be more than what I would have gotten anywhere else.”