Tide Lines

Girls’ soccer team plays into postseason

Senior+Carly+Hoak+%2815%29+runs+after+the+ball+at+the+district+semi-final+game+against+Southern+Lehigh+Valley+October+26.+After+winning+the+district+semi-finals%2C+the+team+moved+on+to+district+finals.+%E2%80%9CMy+favorite+part+of+the+soccer+season+was+playing+on+the+field+with+all+of+my+girls+one+last+time.+The+accomplishment+I+am+most+proud+of+is+making+it+into+the+league+playoffs+and+being+placed+in+the+second+seed+for+districts%2C%E2%80%9D+Hoak+said.+
Senior Carly Hoak (15) runs after the ball at the district semi-final game against Southern Lehigh Valley October 26. After winning the district semi-finals, the team moved on to district finals. “My favorite part of the soccer season was playing on the field with all of my girls one last time. The accomplishment I am most proud of is making it into the league playoffs and being placed in the second seed for districts,” Hoak said.

Allura McCuller

Allura McCuller

The soccer season usually comes to an end in early October, but due to such a successful girls’ soccer season, the team continued to play right up until the end of the month.

The team qualified for league and district playoffs, and the girls played their first league playoff game in three years October 16. They defeated Minersville 4-2.

“I think both junior varsity and varsity have improved overall. We play more as a team than we ever have my past four years. It’s exciting as a senior to make it to the league playoffs my for the first time. I think we have the determination to go far and bring home our first league title,” senior captain Hannah Joyce said.

The win over Minersville earned the team a spot in the league championship October 19, where the girls faced off against Blue Mountain for the third time this season. They lost 2 to 1.

Going to leagues was not enough to satisfy the girls. In addition to going to leagues, they also participated competed at the district level. They beat Southern Lehigh Valley 2-1 October 26 in the district semi-finals.

“My favorite part of the soccer season was playing on the field with all of my girls one last time. The accomplishment I am most proud of is making it into the league playoffs and being placed in the second seed for districts,” senior Carly Hoak said.

The girls played Blue Mountain October 31 in the district final at Lehighton; they lost 2-1.