The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Senior Sarah Corse-Campion hits 1,000 points

Mr. Greg Schuettler, head swim coach, presents senior Sarah Corse-Campion with a plaque signifying her 1,000th point scored for the team as her mother looks on. Campion received the award January 19 along with senior Michael Smerlick. “I see a lot of people that are way too over-confident, especially from swimming with the Y[MCA]. Being confident is really important, but it’s also important to know that taking it too far and being ignorant is never good,” Corse-Campion said.

ALLURA MCCULLER

ALLURA MCCULLER

At her swim meet against Tamaqua January 19, senior Sarah Corse-Campion scored the 1,000th point of her swimming career.

“I knew that it could go either way, but I knew that if I won an event that I would score the six points I needed,” Corse-Campion said. “I was excited all day, but I did not want to tell many people because I was unsure what the outcome was going to be.”

Corse-Campion scored the points she needed to put her over in the 100 freestyle.

“Swimming is something I have been doing since I was six. It’s a lifestyle, and I love it,” Corse-Campion said.

Corse-Campion plans to continue swimming in college, but she is currently unsure which school she will be attending.