Tide Lines

Halloween Parade at John S. Clarke

Back to Article
Back to Article

Halloween Parade at John S. Clarke

John S. Clarke teachers dressed as a fruit salad pose for a picture. Teachers and students at the elementary center held their annual Halloween parade on Friday, October 26. “The parade gives all the children something to participate in instead of doing math and reading. The parade lets the community be a part of it. The parents get to watch,” Mrs. Debbie Lecker said.

Courtesy of Mrs. Kate Zimmerman

Courtesy of Mrs. Kate Zimmerman

Courtesy of Mrs. Kate Zimmerman

On Friday, October 26, 2018, the elementary school held a Halloween parade for the students. Costumes filled the halls as the children walked past their classrooms and peers. Monsters, angels, unicorns, and even a rubix cube were seen at the event.

Mrs. LeeAnn Bosack, John S. Clarke’s art teacher, said “This is my absolute favorite thing that we do all year. The kids are very happy. They love seeing each other and the teachers dressed up.” Many of the teachers formed costume groups. Some included The Incredibles, Care Bears, Dr. Seuss book characters, and 50’s “Pink Ladies.”

Miley Nguyen, 2nd grader, said, “ My favorite part of the parade was when I got to walk outside to my sister. I like all of the costumes.”

Mrs. Debbie Lecker was dressed as an apple for the parade as apart of a group of teachers making a “fruit salad.” She said “The parade gives all the children something to participate in instead of doing math and reading. The parade lets the community be a part of it. The parents get to watch.”

3rd grader Ian Lins told about his favorite part of the event. He said “I like the parade because it’s cool. I liked the zombie costume.”  

Mrs. Deneen Reese, Assistant Principal, said, “The mailman was my favorite costume. He looked like a real mailman. I’ve never seen a costume like that before.”

Mrs. Reese and Dr. Jared Gerace, Principal, had matching train costumes.