Tide Lines

PBIS provides activities at Lengel

Senior+Corey+Holobetz+lifeguards+the+swimming+and+diving+activity.+When+asked+why+he+decided+to+help+lifeguard%2C+he+said%2C+%E2%80%9CI+guess+it%E2%80%99s+just+nice+to+help+out+the+staff+whenever+you+can%2C+because+they+do+a+lot+for+the+students+here.%E2%80%9D+
Back to Article
Back to Article

PBIS provides activities at Lengel

Senior Corey Holobetz lifeguards the swimming and diving activity. When asked why he decided to help lifeguard, he said, “I guess it’s just nice to help out the staff whenever you can, because they do a lot for the students here.”

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson
Sixth grader Shaina Schmitt (left) stands with her good friend, sixth grader Allegra Hossler (right). “I like swimming because I can be with my friends and the teachers are very nice. It’s a good opportunity for the kids to have fun,” said Schmitt.

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson
Sixth grader Gavin Woodward pauses during a basketball game in Martz Hall during the gym activity. “I like basketball the most because it’s my favorite activity,” said Woodward.

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson
Eighth grader Theodore Lecher sings along to “Africa” by Toto. He was playing a musical bingo with other students in the room. When asked what his favorite song on the bingo sheet was, Lecher said, “Party in the USA, because I like how she sings and how the song goes.”

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson
Science teacher Mrs. Mary Matulevich sits at the pool activity attendance desk. Matulevich said, “I really like PBIS this year. The kids seem really excited about it and I hope, over time, that all of the good behaviors will become automatic.”

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson
Eighth grader Tayla Jones (left) stands with eighth grader Ava Jefferson (right). “I like playing volleyball because I like being competitive and I’m athletic. I like any sport!” said Jones.

Jamilah Phillip-Johnson
Health and physical education teacher Mr. Jake Wartella (middle right) poses with students and staff after the gym activity. “It’s just great seeing all the kids having fun, being interactive, and showing great school spirit,” Mr. Wartella said.